Sunday, April 23, 2006

Two

Barak turned two today, according to the English calendar. Ordinarily we would celebrate his birthday next Sunday, when he turns two according to the Hebrew calendar, but given the timing, well, it didn't seem like the best idea to wait another week.

So we had an ice cream cake, with his name on it, and some friends came over to sing happy birthday and share the goodies. Barak got an Elmo balloon, three board books, and a friend for Monkey from Abba and Imma; his friends brought him a Mr. Potato Head, which was received with great excitement and even trumped the offer of a trip to the park. A good time, as they say, was had by all.

I've been cleaning and organizing all day. The only room left is the guest/loom room, which is actually the most important since it is the room Barak's honorary grandma will stay in when she comes after IY"H the baby arrives. Of course, I left it for last, and now I've totally run out of steam. Well, the baby will just have to wait till I've gotten to it, then. I'm sure s/he understands.

1 comment:

projgen said...

Happy Birthday Barak!

(I waited to be inbetween the two birthdays! ;) )