Sunday, April 30, 2006

The only one getting any sleep around here

No baby yet, but I still somehow got woken up every 90 minutes all night last night. MHH and I got to bed at around midnight, both of us really ready to sleep after kind of a long day. At 1:15 or so the cat threw up (she's a longhair, it's spring, if you have a cat you know that drill) with a fearsome ack! ack! ack! right in our bedroom. Of course, after you hear that you have to get up and find the cat vomit with paper towels in hand before you find it in the dark with bare feet. Then we went to sleep. An hour and a half later, Barak woke up screaming. And then again. And again. And then the cat again. And then Barak again. And every time I got woken up, I'd start timing contractions, and between Wednesday and today they still haven't gotten any closer together or any stronger, despite the numbers the midwife gave me on Friday being somewhere that the pregnancy books say mean I should be having the baby basically any second now.

This morning, we were all tired and cranky, and decided, despite the rain, to go to the bagel store for breakfast. Which we did, stopping at the seforim store on the way back for a new havdalah candle and a new Uncle Moishy CD before I completely lose my mind listening to the one that Barak wants me to play 24/6. And of course, ten minutes before we got home, it got very quiet in the stroller--Barak had totally passed out, his hat down over his eyes and a chunk of bagel in each hand. Quick diaper change, into the crib, and that was, umm, three hours ago, and he's still in his crib and STILL not napping, even though he is totally exhausted. But he's just going back and forth between crying/whining and sitting there chatting with his monkey brigade.

Sigh.

And did I mention it's pouring rain? I guess I could give up and go take him out of his crib, but he's not going to suddenly get un-tired, and he's not going to be a whole lot of fun this afternoon. So much for getting lots of sleep before the baby comes. Of course, at this rate, the baby won't get here until Shavuos...

No comments: