Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I do like this blogging thing

The day after I posted my offer of handspun to swap, I saw that someone named Cyndy had posted a comment saying she was interested and had sent me an email. Neat, I thought, and when I had a chance, looked at my email. She had sock yarn that needed a new home, and would like some of mine. Since I couldn't find the battery charger I needed to take a picture of what I had on offer, I suggested a good-faith blind-date type of swap--she'd decide how much to send by weight, and I'd send her an equal amount by weight of handspun. This idea was approved. Good good.

Then I got another email. Er, this is rather embarassing, but I have quite a lot of sock yarn, Cyndy said. How much is too much?

There is no such thing as too much sock yarn, I assured her.

Do you know how many pairs of socks' worth of sock yarn I am getting?

Guess.

No, guess.

Twenty-five.

Yup.

I was so overcome with excitement that I packed up 25 skeins of handspun in an empty diaper box that very (this very) morning. Now, I have no car, and the post office is over a mile away over some big scary intersections. What did I do? I took Barak to playgroup. Then, instead of doing any of the things I should have been doing, I put Iyyar in one half of the baby stroller, buckled in the enormous box which, fortuitously, just exactly fit in the other, and off I went. I also posted, finally, a bag of goodies for Penny (you know who you are) and Sara (you know who you are too) and my Israeli SIL, who just had a new little boy (mazal tov!)

And I still have about four pounds of handspun left. Anyone? Anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

!! wow! and thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

If I had what to do with it...