Sunday, November 29, 2009

What I did today

Besides the usual child-wrangling, that is: did mammoth stock-up shops at Trader Joe's and Target (with Iyyar in tow), put away mammoth stock-up shops, folded and put away huge pile of laundry, cleaned out office for umpteenth time, read The Fire Engine Book to Avtalyon another couple dozen times, made a double batch of bagels, sorted and put away a bunch of toys in the appropriate boxes, and spent an hour or so hunting down MHH's keys (he found them himself in the end). Last night, I took it into my head to scrub down the walls, doorframes, and floor molding in the kitchen, and scrape the grime out from between the squares of adhesive vinyl flooring with a sharp-cornered piece of Lego and a lot of bleach.

I'd say this was nesting, and a sure sign of impending-ness, except that I could have written almost the same post a month ago--only then I decided to scrub all the electric switchplates in the house and reorganize all the shelves in my kitchen.

6 comments:

OneTiredEma said...

I have given birth twice and have never done any real nesting. I vote for resting on the couch.

LC said...

Four times, with no real nesting. I'll second the couch vote. With a cozy blanket and a good book.

miriamp said...

If I post next, do we need to find someone who's given birth 16 times to post after me?

But anyway, 8 times and the closest I got to nesting was filling the freezer with cookies.

Jasmijn said...

Looks like you were right this time! :D

LC said...

Doesn't count, miriam; you bake cookies all the time anyway.

M Segal-Weisman said...

It's been five days since you posted, I hope that means you had a baby! :)