Thursday, December 28, 2006

I am not worthy

I went back to work today after five days off. But was I sad? Did I drag my feet? Did I mope, did I moan, did I sulk, did I sigh? Did I throw myself down on the covers and cry? (What children's book am I quoting? Two points to those who get it right. )

No, I did not. I did not even try.

Instead, I veritably skipped back to my cube farm of employment. Because I knew that on my desk, I had a box. And inside that box was this, for Iyyar:

And this, for Barak:


Courtesy of Sarah.

Pictures are also courtesy of Sarah; the blankets are currently in a dark room being slept under. Pictures of the rubber duckies will have to wait till Friday--they're still on my desk.

I have no idea what I did to deserve this. But I am not complaining.

And now I'm humming a certain song from The Sound of Music. Sing it with me, please:

Somewhere in my youth, or childhood/ I must have done something good.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oo, oo! I'm first. Wow! I never win contests. . .

How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?
or
How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?
or
How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?

by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague

Pick one - we've read all three, and I think there are a few more.

VERY cute quilts. I hope the boys appreciate them as much as the big people.

uberimma said...

I've only read the second one--that's what I had in mind. They tuck in their tails and they whisper "good night"!

Anonymous said...

Hey Uberimma - we miss you! Hope everything's ok ... waiting anxiously for a new post ...