Thursday, September 07, 2006

We're back

An hour earlier than scheduled--I made it to the airport so early (I was worried about Boston rush-hour traffic and left much more time than I needed) that we were in the departure lounge two hours before our flight. Early enough that I heard the final call for the flight preceding ours, and managed to get on that one. We had a row to ourselves each way, and I got to take the car seat on. It was quite relaxed as these things go. Total travel time was 18 hours. We left at 4:30 and got home at 10:30. Not bad at all, really.

Iyyar was amazing. Really. It's not that he didn't cry, but he cried so much less than I expected. And he did a lot of cute smiling and flirting and, I hope, some cheering up of my friend. In addition to the shiva visit that was the purpose of our trip, we also saw a few friends very very very briefly--a former coworker, a former neighbor, another friend. It was nice to see them, although obviously I would have preferred a longer, happier, more relaxed visit. Maybe another time.

Iyyar is asleep now, after a nice bath (he loves baths. He also is the only baby in the world who loves diaper changes. Really.) And after I have a quick snack, I intend to be asleep too.

1 comment:

uberimma said...

It depends. I may go to Hungary with the baby to see my grandmother, and come to Ellie in the spring. I'll see how much tickets cost when his passport comes through.