Sunday, September 17, 2006

The third thing

I just got out of bed, site of far too little sleep, and came back to the computer (if my husband were awake he'd kill me) to say that I remembered that the third thing that made me think of Jasmin was this movie. Which I enjoyed, even though the only words I understood were baba (daddy) and salaam aleikum (shalom aleichem), courtesy of a friend with an Iranian husband.

Okay, back to bed now that I've got that off my chest. Oh, and one other thing. This morning, I was kneeling on the floor of Barak's room, my mouth full of bobby pins, trying to affix his new kippa, adorned with 'cairy dinosaurs, to his head. And I feel like there must be something to say about that, but I'm not sure what. Except that his new word for the day is "terrifying!"

Good night.

4 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

I hope by the end of it, your day has turned around from "terrifying" to something much nicer. Lack of sleep can't be helping -- that always makes my days seem less optimistic. Good luck! :o)

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good movie. I recently watched "Grim", which is a Dutch movie that begins with a variation of Hansel & Gretel and then goes south, literally, and west to Spain, and gets truly odd. It was nice to hear spoken Dutch again and the cinematography was beautiful but otherwise I wouldn't bother checking that out.

I want a picture of the kippa! It sounds adorable, if "cairy."

Anonymous said...

Well...now that finally explains wh my sister called my father "baba."