Sunday, September 10, 2006

Ouch

In an act of incredible stupidity and flagrant disregard of fundamental rules of knife safety, I gashed my hand on Thursday. Three stitches, and it seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal--but it still hurts, a lot more than I would have expected, and it's pretty hard to type right now (let alone change diapers). So probably no real posts till the stitches come out (Friday, I hope).

Just letting you all know. Next up: three things this week that made me think of Jasmin (yes, Jasmin, that would be you. And yes, the emergency room trip was one of them.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... Sorry to hear you needed stitches. Try to use the hand as little as possible, and try not to get it wet. And, you probably already know this, but I'm going to remind you: if you start to feel the area getting hot, or it gets red and swollen, or yellow and there's pus, or you develop a fever -- go get seen as soon as you can to take care of a probably infection. And don't try to pull out the stitches yourself unless your doc says you may.

With wishes for a quick and clean healing, and great curiosity re. the next time you do post... J