Friday, September 29, 2006

The orange hat

I don't normally post pictures of my kids, but since a) you can't see much in these, b) the hat is cute (I made it) and c) I did promise pictures ages ago, here is Barak, modeling Iyyar's new orange Koigu hat. You can see our orange-and-yellow kitchen in the background.

Note the shaping on the top. I didn't use a pattern for this one--I made it up as I went along, modeling it on a hat I saw briefly on a passing baby on my way to work. I like how the cables come together in some kind of explosive orange flower on top.

And here is Iyyar, in a rare moment of sleep. This picture was taken at least a month ago. He's now outgrown the bouncy seat (as well as those pants he's wearing there), and now that I can't put him in a vibrating nest in front of the dishwasher, he's decided to go on sleep strike. But I think I may have mentioned that already.

And yeah, I know that the picture of the hat is overexposed and terrible, and the picture of Iyyar is, well, sideways. What do you expect? I haven't slept through the night since January!

No comments: