Monday, May 07, 2007

Psychic

It was nice and sunny today and I decided to take the boys out in the double stroller so I could get some exercise and we could all get some air. I needed to stop at the bank (got my tax return, woohoo!) and on the way realized I was hungry. Hmm. The thought of French fries crossed my mind--I have not been to the pizza (and French fry) shop since my maternity leave, nor have any other members of the family. On mature reflection, I decided it was probably better that way. Then I heard Barak say something.

"K'I havea French fries please?"

????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention that we have not gone for French fries since AUGUST?!

What could I do? We went for French fries. Iyyar got his first taste of the dread delicious "food" item. We sat there munching. Barak said, pensively,

"I likea French fries. Iss very yummy."

"Yeah. I like them too. Do you know who else really likes French fries?"

"Yeah?"

"Grandma. Grandma really likes French fries. Whenever she comes to visit, we go get French fries."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Grandma likes a French Fries?"

"Yup."

Pause for consideration.

"Grandma's very nice."

"Yup, she is."

Speaking of grandmas (the other one this time), our plane tickets came in the mail today, and I got our hotel confirmation e-mailed. Five weeks and six days to go.

No comments: