Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday afternoon chez Uberimma

I am in a much better mood today than I have been in in recent weeks. The Conversation has been had with my boss, and two of the worst speeches (in terms of how long it would have taken me to write them) have been offloaded to a freelancer, and an intern has been put on notice that she's going to be doing some of my research. Gyongyi came and cleaned, and the bathtub is no longer grimy. The heat broke, and the windows are now open. Both Barak and Iyyar are napping, and have been for an hour, during which I raced frantically around the house picking up.

But best of all, Barak and Iyyar's Saba and Savta are here, after a 13-hour drive on Thursday (good thing they decided not to fly, huh?) I talked to Ada the babysitter from work on Friday. "Barak is in love," she told me. And the living room is a parking garage of toy John Deere trucks and tractors--they brought a whole set, instantly blowing every single one of Barak's little-boy-truck-adoration fuses.

Details to follow, but I'm not wasting any more of my visit time blogging.

No comments: