Tuesday, August 29, 2006

not what I promised

No pictures yet--sorry.

Today was a work-at-home day, but since I had no babysitter, Barak had no playgroup, and MHH had work, it is going to be a work-at-home evening instead. During the day, we all went to the science museum and then Trader Joe's. And guess what? Iyyar didn't scream! At all! This is amazing--usually the second you start buckling car seat straps he screws up his face and starts to wail. "You're tying me down! You're going to torture me! AAAAGHH!!!" He sat contentedly all the way there, falling asleep toward the end of the trip. I thought he would wake up screaming when we got there and I moved him to the sling, but he didn't--just woke up for a bit, looked around, and went back to sleep. After a couple of hours I took Barak out to play in the enclosed yard while I nursed Iyyar, who was very cooperative about the whole thing. And then back in the carseat, still with minimal protest. How 'bout that?

The presence of three entertainingly active children in the back row of the minivan, right where Iyyar in his rear-facing seat could watch them, probably helped. Anyway, a good time was had by all, and stopping at TJ's (I was with a friend who decided on a little last-minute grocery shopping) was a bonus. Of course, I did come home with some unsanctioned treats (chocolate-covered pretzels for me, and peanut butter granola bars for MHH) but also lots of good healthy stuff for dinners and lunches. Mmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Uberimma--

For the record, from a blog-friend:

I'm a long-time friend of Deb's, now living in Texas. Wish I knew you in person! But I enjoy reading your blog.

Jeni

Anonymous said...

No TJs here, sadly. But rumors of one in the big town that's about an hour and a half away.

I miss TJs.

(OK, that sounds really pathetic, doesn't it.)