Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Three months

So, my boss just called. "We bought you three months," she said. I get two weeks to work at home to sort out my childcare, and then three months of three days in the office, two at home. The three days in are five-hour days, so that means three days of 6.5 hours away from Iyyar and Barak. And somewhere in the week, I have to find another 7.5 hours of quiet time to work, but that's going to have to be in the evenings.

It's not the perfect resolution I hoped for--the "your position is now a permanent telecommuting position"--but it's a whole lot better than it could have been. I'm very grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

b'h. i've been thinking of you and hoping things will go positive ..

my mum sends her love as i have never slept at night (here it is 2am..) and probably never will. i never slept much during the days either. but put me in my red jumper (which hung in the door) ? and i'd be happy for HOURS. ::shrugs::

Anonymous said...

YAY!

(I mean, not a perfect YAY, but still not bad!)