Sunday, May 14, 2006

Things I Am Better Off Not Knowing

What google searches brought people here.

Yuck. I mean, really, yuck.

Well, let's try to post something that will not turn up any gross google hits.

I bought a new stove today. Yes, today. Yes, the day before my son's bris. Yes, I had forty thousand other things to do, and no, I did not get more than two hours of sleep last night. And yet, I prioritized the purchase of a new major appliance. Why, exactly, did I do this, as well you might ask?

Um.

Let's say that Friday was a really rough day. It had been a sort of emotional couple of weeks, to put it mildly, and then there was a lot going on to get ready for the bris tomorrow, and I had gotten no sleep the night before, and the baby and Barak and the stupid CAT for pete's sake were all screaming all night, and then my friend's husband called about my friend, and I was trying to be in denial about that because I just couldn't deal, and my nieces and nephews had just come (WHICH WAS GOOD, SARA, WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND AND ALL YOUR KIDS, AND THIS IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO IMPLY THAT WE DIDN'T WANT YOU TO COME, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T, IT ONLY MEANS THAT THERE WERE MORE KIDS AND ERGO MORE NOISE IN THE HOUSE THAN USUAL, AND THAT'S IT, REALLY), and, um, I guess I was kind of stressed. And a little hormonal. And stuff.

(Do I really want to blog about this?)

(Well, why not, maybe it'll be cathartic or something.)

So, well, it was just exactly licht, meaning time to light for Shabbos, and I had just set up the candles, and Barak was screaming for milk, and I went to get it out of the fridge, and it was really full, and stuff kept falling out, and I couldn't get it to fit back in, and I got so frustrated, and then I started crying, and, um, I kind of threw a pot of rice across the kitchen.

Hard.

And it hit the oven door.

The glass oven door.

Do you know how many tiny little pieces of glass an oven door can shatter into?

Neither do I. But it was a lot.

So that's why I bought a new oven today. I kind of wanted one anyway, to be honest; the late lamented oven did not regulate very well. But this is not quite the way I planned to acquire one.

At least it is self-cleaning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my,seems I went home before I should have.I hope this week goes better. Try to nap when the baby does in the morning. Grandma E

Anonymous said...

There, there. This happens. It will be all right. Really.

At least you have a new stove now!