Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Miscellany

It poured all day today, so I didn't even leave the house. Probably a good thing, because I'm too tired to think very clearly.

The new stove came yesterday, and either it runs hot or every stove I've ever had ran cold--it carbonized my cookies before the time I usually check on cookies for the first time. I ended up not keeping the box--it had staples in it that looked too hazardous to deal with, and too strong to remove. Oh well. The stove is very nice. It occurred to me that I am probably the only one in town to buy a new stove three weeks after Pesach...

Iyyar is starting to wake up--he's having longer periods of being alert and looking around. Definitely more fun. He slept a little better last night, which meant that I got two decent chunks of sleep--an hour and a half and then two hours. Yes, that's pretty good for a newborn. I never had that much sleep with Barak when he was that age, that's for sure. So I'm functioning, but still pretty bleary. If you couldn't tell.

Yesterday we were sitting in the living room looking out the window, and a car pulled up. Barak looked at it, thinking, and turned to me. "Gimma!" he said. (That means Grandma, as in Grandma E.) He thought a little more. "Gimma car." Because a few days before, Grandma E had gotten into a cab and driven away, and we had stood in that window waving. He remembered.

Oh, and the camel ride was a hit. Barak is still talking about camels. But it's not just any camel--no no. Apparently it is Abba's camel.

I was wondering where all the grass in the yard was going.

No comments: