Sunday, June 19, 2005

Saturday night

Well, here we are again, Saturday night. And I am posting, not because I have anything to say particularly, but because I always post on Saturday nights, which is a good enough reason to post on this one.

My husband is going away for a few days tomorrow. There is a wedding we would both like to go to tomorrow afternoon, and I can't get away because of work. His parents live near where the wedding is, and he hasn't seen them for about six months, so he'll be staying a few extra days. I need to pack for him--he could do it himself, but frankly, I'd rather do his packing so he can finish the dishes.

And on Monday, while my husband is off visiting, something very very strange will happen.

Forty thousand people, give or take, plus however many more via the small screen, are going to watch someone give a speech I wrote.

I comfort myself that if rotten vegetables are thrown, they won't know to throw them at me.

No comments: