Monday, February 20, 2006

No poop here

Just thought I'd let you know that this is a poop-free post. You may read on without peril.

As I mentioned, we spent the weekend by my SIL and her family. One of the major perks of being married to MHH is that I simultaneously acquired not only a husband but two very amazing new sisters--very cool for me, since I never had sisters before, amazing or otherwise. The fact that I really like both of them has meant that I nudge MHH into visiting a lot more than he would naturally be inclined to get on a plane--we've been to visit his local (meaning, a one-hour flight) sister four times or so since Barak was born, and they've been to visit us three times. (The other sister, who lives in Israel, we've only seen once, but that's not quite as easy to pull off.)

Not only do I like visiting, but Barak loves visiting his cousins. The house is as close to childproof as one can get, and there is just so much going on. They've got four kids to our one, and have had much longer to accumulate fun and interesting toys. Not only do they have many more toys than we do, but they have different ones, so everywhere Barak looks there is, well, something else exciting to play with.

On Saturday night, as I was putting Barak to bed, we had one of our nighttime conversations--post-singing, pre-sleep. It went sort of like this:

Imma: "Did you have a fun time today?"

Barak, sleepily: "Yeah."

"Did you eat lots of kugel?"

"Yeah."

"Did you play with baby Ephraim?"

"Yeah."

And so on. Eventually, we got to something like this:

Imma: "Do you like coming to Tanta Sara's house?"

Barak: "Yeah."

"Do you like playing with the toys?"

Barak, with a kind of dreamy toddler passion that you'll just have to imagine for yourself: "Toys."

2 comments:

projgen said...

I'm imagining the Homer Simpson: "mmm...donuts..." ;)

uberimma said...

Yes, that was it exactly!

Hmm... doughnuts....