Sunday, February 12, 2006

Kugel

A few weeks ago, I made a carrot kugel for Shabbos. Barak ate almost the whole thing, which was okay with me, since it had no sugar and principal ingredients of carrots, eggs, wheat germ, whole wheat flour, applesauce and honey. He's been talking about kugel almost every day since, and frequently wakes up in the morning asking for kugel. So, since it's Sunday and all, I decided that today we'd make kugel.

Barak was very pleased with this development, and watched avidly as I peeled and grated carrots, measured and mixed ingredients. Every so often, he'd remind me what I was making. "Kugel! Yeah!" I greased the pans, poured in the batter, and... put it in the oven.

Oops.

Barak, you see, does not quite grasp the concept of baking. From his point of view, it's, "You promised me kugel, you made me kugel, and NOW YOU'RE PUTTING IT IN THE ONE PLACE IN THE KITCHEN I'M TOTALLY NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH?!?! AAAAGGH!!!"

Sigh.

It's baked now, but he's gotten over his disappointment and appears to have forgotten about it. Oh well. I suppose he'll just be pleasantly surprised when dinnertime rolls around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, was he?