Monday, November 14, 2005

oh, and by the way...

I just wanted to add that #2 below was not designed to brag about somebody liking something I wrote. It was designed to demonstrate how a truly nice and gracious person behaves when they like something someone else wrote for them. I am particularly appreciative of this kind of thing, having worked for a number of serious nut cases and a number of people who are Far Too Important to Ever Say Thank You (except in thank you notes, written by me, to people who gave their institutions millions of dollars). In the job I had before this one, I got ONE nice comment from ONE of the three people I wrote for. I tacked it up on my cube wall. For the rest, if you never got things sent back with changes, you knew you were in the clear. But a thank you--no, that really isn't considered necessary. That's why I was so floored.

Well, anyway.

I do have something to blog about today, but I need to mull it over a little more first. Stay tuned.

No comments: