Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Knitting

Those of you who know me will probably snigger behind your hands when I say, mildly, that I like to knit. The truth is that I am, well, very fond of knitting. However, these days, pretty much the only time I have to knit is 25 minutes in the morning and 25 minutes in the afternoon, on the bus to and from work. So when I made a deal to make a sweater for my friend Sarah if she'd make me one, I knew it would take a while. I didn't think it would take till November, though, and I started feeling exceptionally guilty about it when my (incredibly stunning) sweater was handed to me in August.

Meanwhile, Sarah's mostly-done sweater vanished in the move, refusing to reappear except in pieces, each of which turned invisible when another materialized, and then part of it reappeared with a mysteriously too-large neck that had to be ripped, and then when I finally found all the pieces (in the VERY LAST BOX I UNPACKED) and put them together, I caught part of the pattern in the seam and had to rip THAT, and, well... it took a while. But Sarah was very patient.

And here's the sweater, which I not only didn't photograph before mailing it, I didn't block it either... the iron has still not resurfaced post-move.

2 comments:

laurie said...

i saw this on sarah last night at threadbear and it is PHENOMENAL! i thought the pattern was familiar (i have one of a pair of the fiesta mittens done--procrastinator extraordinare here lol)

you did excellent work, no matter how long it took you to do, and you should be proud of it...it was pretty clear sarah was :o)

*returning to lurk mode*

Anonymous said...

Your (Sarah's) sweater is spectacular! I know you're both really happy with it! Love the picture of Sarah on the floor!