Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The secret life of a three-year-old

This afternoon, I was sitting in the rocking chair in the boys' room watching them play. Avtalyon was napping, and it had been a fairly mellow day--the usual number of meltdowns, but since I'd had five straight hours of sleep the night before PLUS a nap this morning, I was dealing fine and all was good. Iyyar was rolling around on the train bed, and Barak was sitting quietly on the floor with a box of toy tools, looking pensive.

I wondered what he was thinking. If I ask him, the answer is always "I don't know," and a giggle. With Iyyar and Avtalyon, there's really no way to know what's going on in their heads most of the time. So I sat there, wondering what he was thinking about just at that very moment, pondering the mystery of little kids' minds. Just as I'd arrived at the conclusion that I would never really know what happens between his ears, he told me.

"Imma," he said, very seriously, "I needa bang someping. What can I bang?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I feel Barak's pain. Sometimes, I needa bang someping too.

AidelMaidel said...

I haven't been in here in ages, but MAZEL TOV! All that testosterone - how do you handle it? MAZEL TOV AGAIN.