Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday night

It's past my bedtime and I'm so tired, but I haven't eaten a vegetable since, oh, I'm too embarassed to say, and so there's a pan of vegetables in the oven and I need to do something to keep me awake until they're done, so...

MHH has his own favorite Barakism. We have a pop-up book that was a birthday gift to Barak from his Savta, called Peek-a-Moo. You lift the flaps for each animal and read the sounds the animal makes. Barak is pretty good at this. He knows that a sheep says baa, a cow says moo, a pig says oink, a cat says meow, etc. For some weird reason, a mouse does not say squeak--a mouse says oo-oo-oo, same sound as a monkey. Well, whatever. But what MHH really likes is the sound that Barak says a rooster makes. MHH gets to the rooster page and says, cock-a-doodle-doo! And Barak, in, perhaps, baby rooster mode, says ga ga goooo!

Wonder if those vegetables are done yet...

No comments: